Limine is a client-server platform for viewing and organizing documents and evidence, collaboratively preparing for depositions and trial, and presenting such materials in meetings, negotiations, arbitrations, and trials. The platform includes an application server with a front-end web client, a database server, a desktop application, and (optional) a self-administered licensing and identity server.
LIMINE'S KEY PRODUCT FEATURES
Limine is offered both as an integrated web and desktop application suite for on-premise hosting by law firms and as a standalone application. Whether supporting a litigation matter in-house or working with a professional litigation consultant, users benefit from a seamless, streamlined experience throughout the entire life cycle of a case, from the collection of the first document, to delivery of the first deposition transcript, and all the way through trial.
- Manage all documents and files in a matter, organized using static and dynamic folders, with access and editing controls at both the user and the content levels.
- Import and view transcripts, including synchronized video transcripts, and other evidence online.
- Import PDFs, Microsoft Office files, emails, attachments, and multimedia files, without the need for e-discovery processing.
- Import document productions with full metadata and extracted text.
- Create deposition designations by line selection or natural page:line format.
- Link exhibits to one another or to transcripts, either imported from XMEF/DVT or custom-made.
- Apply brandings and customizable exhibit stickers to documents and transcripts.
- Organize documents and transcripts into permanent binders with custom identifiers (e.g., trial exhibits, summary judgment appendices).
- Search by basic identifier, full text, or complex Boolean expressions.
- Annotate documents with private or shared comments.
- Protect all imported documents and full text index with encryption at rest.
LIMINE'S DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS AND SCALEABILITY
Limine can be deployed to infrastructure of the customer's choosing, including physically on-premises, or on any private cloud service supporting Windows Server. A vendor-hosted option for individual matters may be available on a case-by-case basis. If the customer opts for a self-administered licensing server, deployments can reside completely behind a firewall with no dependency on the outside Internet.
Limine is highly scaleable. While each matter is assigned to a single Database Server (SQL instance), the system supports an arbitrary number of load-balanced Application Servers which handle content access, processing, and other user requests. All Application Servers run the same code and can perform all Limine functions; however, individual Application Server instances can be configured as Background Workers for specific types of long-running tasks. For example, one or more servers can be assigned to handle PDF and/or multimedia exports, while others can be assigned to ingest native documents.
LIMINE'S APPLICATION-LAYER SECURITY
In addition to the security apparatus in place at the infrastructure level, the application maintains its own security layer via 256-bit AES encryption of all documents and full text imported into the system. Encryption keys are generated on a matter-by-matter basis and are never stored in unencrypted form. Access can only be granted through the application; infrastructure access alone is insufficient to view encrypted documents. I short, it is effectively impossible to access matter documents without the password of a user who was given access by the matter creator or another matter administrator.
LIMINE INSTALLATION AND TRAINING
Limine licenses include infrastructure installation and software updates, infrastructure training with customers' IT staff, limited training sessions for application administrators and users, online application documentation, and remote support. Additional services, including extra training, additional infrastructure support, general project management, substantive matter support, and trial and arbitration consulting, are also available.
FOR DETAILS ON LICENSING AND PRICING ...
Please contact Legistek.